Dorfgastein Resort Guide
Dorfgastein has managed to preserve its traditional village character while becoming a popular winter and summer tourism destination. It is the first resort that you reach on entering the Gastein Valley and is just a short trip on the ski bus from its sister villages of Bad Hofgastein and Bad Gastein.
- Scenic traditional Austrian village
- Ideal resort for families with young children
- Part of the Gastein Valley ski area with 250 kilometers of piste
- Direct train link from Salzburg
- Thermal spa
- Just 15 minutes from Bad Gastein
With its many amenities and Austrian customs, Dorfgastein offers everything you would expect from a great duel-season resort destination. In winter the Gastein ski area has some 250 kilometers of piste that rise up to over 2,600 meters as well as numerous ski touring and cross country trails. In the summer the tourists flock to the area for cultural festivals, hiking and enjoying the numerous outdoor thermal baths, springs and swimming ponds that you will find throughout the valley.